The price of school continues to soar every year. Over the past 30 years, this value has elevated by as much as to 500% — no matter whether or not the varsity was public, personal, a four-year or a two-year school. Because of this it’s necessary to use for scholarships and grants to assist cowl this ever-rising expense and to reduce your pupil mortgage debt after you graduate.
Faculty scholarships and fellowships for math, science and engineering college students are among the many most beneficiant and prestigious awards.
Along with science, know-how, engineering and arithmetic (STEM) scholarships, you’ll be able to seek for different scholarships utilizing a free scholarship search service, similar to Fastweb.com and the Faculty Board’s Massive Future. You need to use these web sites to search out different STEM scholarships with extra particular choice standards, and also will permit you to discover non-STEM scholarships that match your background.
We’ve additionally gathered The Finest Faculty Scholarship Search Web sites.
Basic Undergraduate STEM Scholarships
These scholarships can be found to undergraduate college students in all or most STEM fields. They’re listed in accordance with the quantity of the highest prize and with probably the most beneficiant scholarships listed first.
- Regeneron Science Expertise Search (STS): U.S. college students enter a science or arithmetic undertaking within the “nation’s oldest and most prestigious STEM competitors for highschool seniors.” Winners are chosen primarily based on a scientific analysis report, solutions to essay questions, admissions take a look at scores, transcripts and proposals. 300 semi-finalists win a $2,000 school scholarship. Forty finalists win not less than a $25,000 school scholarship, with a high prize of a $250,000 school scholarship.
- Breakthrough Junior Problem: College students worldwide, age 13-18, enter by making a 90-second video to clarify an advanced idea or concept in science or arithmetic in an attractive and easy-to-understand method. The winner receives a $250,000 school scholarship, plus a $50,000 prize for his or her trainer, plus as much as $100,000 to their faculty so as to add or renovate a science lab.
- Regeneron Worldwide Science and Engineering Honest (ISEF): College students worldwide can enter ISEF after successful a high prize of their native, state, regional or nationwide science truthful. Grand Awards in every of 21 ISEF classes present money prizes of as much as $5,000 for a primary award. First award winners can win named awards value $10,000 to $75,000.
- Davidson Fellows Scholarships: College students who’re 18 years outdated or youthful can win $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 school scholarships by finishing a “vital piece of labor” in science, know-how, engineering, arithmetic, literature, music, philosophy, or outside-the-box classes.
- U.S. Division of Protection STEM Scholarships: U.S. undergraduate and graduate college students can win scholarships and fellowships in 21 educational majors in STEM fields. Scholarship recipients should comply with work for a Division of Protection (DoD) facility for one 12 months for every year of assist. The scholarships cowl full tuition, an annual stipend of not less than $25,000, 8 to 12 week summer time internships, and employment with the DoD after commencement.
- Collegiate Inventors Competitors: College students who’ve a patentable invention can compete for money prizes of as much as $15,000 and a patent acceleration certificates. That is open to U.S.-based and worldwide undergraduate and graduate college students at U.S. faculties and universities.
- Era Google Scholarships: These scholarships and fellowships can be found to U.S. and non-U.S. highschool seniors, undergraduate and graduate college students who’re or might be majoring in laptop science. The scholarships and fellowships are value as much as $10,000. Candidates ought to reveal monetary want. Google additionally affords scholarships for college students with disabilities and for veterans.
- Toshiba/NSTA ExploraVision: This competitors is open to groups of two to 4 U.S. and Canadian elementary, center and secondary faculty college students serious about STEM fields. Profitable groups obtain a U.S. EE Financial savings Bond value as much as $10,000 at maturity.
Discipline Particular Undergraduate STEM Scholarships
These scholarships are restricted to particular educational majors, highlighted in daring. They’re listed in alphabetical order.
- American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program: Scholarships can be found to U.S. and non-U.S. highschool seniors, undergraduate and graduate college students who’re or might be enrolled in nuclear science, nuclear engineering and associated fields (e.g., environmental science, supplies science, radioanalytical chemistry, thermal-hydraulics, reactor security, and so on.) at U.S. faculties and universities. The scholarships are value as much as $2,500 ($1,000 for incoming freshmen) and the fellowships are value as much as $5,000. There are additionally need-based scholarships value as much as $5,000.
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program: U.S. college students from economically deprived backgrounds who’re serious about careers in biomedical, behavioral and social science health-rated analysis can win school scholarships and paid summer time analysis internships on the Nationwide Institutes of Well being (NIH). They’ll additionally obtain paid employment and coaching on the NIH after commencement. Scholarship recipients will need to have distinctive monetary wants. The scholarships are value as much as $20,000 per 12 months and could be renewed for as much as 4 years. Scholarship recipients should take part in a 10-week analysis internship throughout the summer time after every year of scholarship assist. Scholarship recipients should work at an NIH analysis laboratory for one 12 months for every year of assist.
- NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship: U.S. school college students who’re serious about oceanic and atmospheric science, analysis, know-how, and schooling can win school scholarships value as much as $9,500 per 12 months for 2 years. Scholarship recipients should take part in a paid 10-week internship at a Nationwide Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) facility.
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program: This scholarship is accessible to highschool seniors, undergraduate and graduate college students enrolled at faculties within the U.S., Canada, and Europe for examine in science-related fields, similar to biochemistry, biology, biomedical engineering, chemistry, environmental sciences, genetics, well being sciences, life sciences, medical sciences, microbiology, neuroscience, nursing, diet, pathology, pharmaceutical sciences, bodily remedy, psychology, social sciences, toxicology, veterinary medical sciences, and wildlife sciences. The scholarship is value as much as $1,500.
- SME Schooling Basis Scholarships: U.S. and Canadian highschool seniors and present school college students can apply for a number of school scholarships in manufacturing engineering and associated fields. Scholarships are value as much as $40,000 payable over 4 years.
- Society of Physics College students (SPS) Scholarships: This scholarship is accessible to undergraduate college students who’re majoring in physics. Some can be found to college students majoring in any STEM subject. Membership within the Society of Physics College students or Sigma Pi Sigma is required. The scholarships are value as much as $5,000.
- Society of Girls Engineers (SWE) Scholarships: This scholarship is accessible to feminine undergraduate and graduate college students serious about engineering and laptop science. The diploma program should be ABET-accredited. The scholarships are value as much as $16,000.
- The American Rocketry Problem (TARC): TARC is a rocketry competitors open to U.S. center and highschool college students. Finalists compete for $100,000 in prizes and school scholarships value as much as $20,000 for the successful groups.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholarship Program: This scholarship is accessible to U.S. undergraduate and graduate college students majoring in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and associated life sciences (excluding healthcare professions) at U.S. faculties and universities. The scholarship is value as much as $10,000.
- U.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize: U.S. and non-U.S. highschool college students who’ve performed a water-science analysis undertaking are eligible for regional, state, nationwide, and worldwide awards. Nationwide awards embody a $10,000 scholarship. Worldwide awards embody a $15,000 scholarship.
Undergraduate STEM Scholarships (Underrepresented Minority College students)
These scholarships are restricted to underrepresented minority college students and are restricted to particular educational majors.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Students Program: U.S. highschool seniors and undergraduate college students from underrepresented teams (African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander) can apply for scholarships in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, and associated sciences (e.g., supplies science, petroleum engineering, forensic science, toxicology, pharmaceutical chemistry, agricultural chemistry, nanotechnology, ceramic science, and so on.) value as much as $5,000 per 12 months.
- Nationwide Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Scholarships: These scholarships can be found to Black highschool seniors, undergraduate, and graduate college students majoring in engineering, laptop science, and associated fields (e.g., physics). The scholarships are value as much as $10,000. Candidates should be pupil members of NSBE.
Basic Graduate STEM Fellowships
These fellowships can be found for graduate faculty in all or most STEM fields. They’re listed in accordance with the quantity of the highest prize, with probably the most beneficiant fellowships listed first.
A couple of fellowships are included within the listings of undergraduate scholarships as a result of some are open to each undergraduate and graduate college students. These embody the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) Scholarships, American Meteorological Society (AMS) Scholarships and Fellowships, American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program, Era Google Scholarships, Society of Hispanic Skilled Engineers (SHPE) Scholarships, and the U.S. Division of Protection STEM Scholarships.
- Hertz Basis Fellowships: This fellowship is accessible to U.S. school seniors and first-year graduate college students who will pursue a Ph.D. within the utilized bodily and organic sciences, arithmetic, or engineering. This fellowship gives as much as 5 years of funding value a complete of $250,000 at 40 collaborating U.S. universities. Fellows should make a “ethical dedication to place their abilities to work in instances of nationwide emergency.”
- Nationwide Protection Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship. This fellowship is accessible to U.S. graduate college students pursuing a Ph.D. in science and engineering. Eligible fields of examine embody aeronautical and astronautical engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, civil engineering, cognitive, neural, and behavioral sciences, laptop science, electrical engineering, geosciences, supplies science and engineering, arithmetic, mechanical engineering, ocean engineering, oceanography, physics, and area physics. The fellowship features a month-to-month stipend value as much as $38,400 per 12 months and full tuition and costs for 3 years. Extra funding is offered for medical insurance and for journey for skilled improvement.
- Nationwide GEM Consortium Fellowships: This fellowship is accessible to underrepresented U.S. graduate college students serious about Grasp’s and Ph.D. levels in science and engineering. The fellowship gives a stipend of $16,000 and full tuition and costs for as much as 5 years. The fellowship additionally gives paid summer time internships with GEM employer members. Underrepresented college students embody African-American/Black, Hispanic-American/Latino, and American Indian/Native college students.
Discipline Particular Graduate STEM Fellowships
These fellowships are restricted to particular educational majors, highlighted in daring. They’re listed in alphabetical order.
- DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship: This fellowship is accessible to U.S. graduate college students in fields that “use high-performance computing to resolve complicated science and engineering issues.” The fellowship gives an annual stipend of $36,000 plus tuition and costs for as much as 4 years of assist. Fellowship recipients take part in 12-week practicum experiences at considered one of 21 DOE nationwide laboratories, together with entry to DOE supercomputers. College students should be school seniors or first-year graduate college students on the time of software. Eligible fields of examine embody utilized arithmetic, statistics, astrophysics, chemical engineering, chemistry, laptop science, environmental science, life sciences, machine studying, supplies science, mechanical engineering, and physics.
- Microsoft Analysis Dissertation Grant Program: This fellowship is accessible to underrepresented graduate college students in laptop science, economics, ecology & setting, arithmetic, genomics, and social sciences Ph.D. packages at universities within the U.S. and Canada. The fellowship is value as much as $25,000. The proposed analysis should be aligned to the overall areas of analysis performed by members of Microsoft Analysis.
- Microsoft Analysis PhD Fellowship Program: This fellowship is accessible to U.S. and non-U.S. graduate college students in Ph.D. packages in laptop science. It’s value as much as $42,000 per 12 months for the third and fourth years of the Ph.D. program. Candidates should be nominated by the college.
- NOAA Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program: This fellowship is accessible to U.S. graduate college students in Grasp’s diploma and Ph.D. packages at U.S. faculties and universities in oceanography, marine biology, and maritime archaeology. The fellowships are awarded partially primarily based on the applicant’s demonstrated monetary want.
- Winston Churchill Basis of the USA Scholarship Program: This scholarship is accessible to U.S. undergraduate college students who’re serious about pursuing a Grasp’s diploma on the College of Cambridge in science, arithmetic, and engineering. The scholarship covers the price of one 12 months, which is usually a MPhil or MASt diploma.
- Woodrow Wilson Educating Fellowship: This fellowship is for U.S. school seniors who’re serious about pursuing a Grasp’s diploma in science or arithmetic schooling on the College of Pennsylvania or West Chester College. The fellowship gives a $32,000 stipend. Fellowship recipients should decide to educating in high-need secondary colleges in Pennsylvania for not less than three years.
Be taught extra about how one can apply for pupil loans and monetary help packages by state or discover grants that can assist you pay for faculty.