New York Metropolis is the final cease on a three-city CultureCon tour, with earlier activations popping up in Atlanta and Los Angeles. CultureCon 2022 is introduced by HBO Max™. Main companions embody LinkedIn, Money App, Sq., Meta’s We The Tradition, Nike Yardrunners, Netflix, Audible, Disney’s Onyx Collective, TikTok, Toyota, Prime Video, Wieden and Kennedy, Google, Gray Goose Vodka and Patron Tequila, Foot Locker, Condé Nast, Clinique, COCA-COLA®, Scotch Porter, JET, Stackwell Capital, Skillshare, TONL and annex88. For tickets, go to: www.theccnyc.com/culturecon.
CultureCon is the go-to vacation spot for various creatives, entrepreneurs, and younger professionals. The convention will characteristic inspiring conversations, skill-building workshops, interactive activations, and the chance to buy on the Small Enterprise Market. Main as much as CultureCon, visitors will probably be invited to attend CultureCon Week — an providing of unique occasions, workshops, events and experiences main as much as the large weekend.
See under for a preview of what to anticipate:
Conversations and activations you may’t miss:
– HBO Max is proud to be the presenting accomplice for all three CultureCon conferences in Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York Metropolis. HBO Max will kick off Tradition Con week in New York with a HBO Max Scene in Black curated brunch highlighting visionaries and tradition shifters throughout the native artistic group. As well as, Scene in Black will host the VIP and expertise lounges on the convention and can carry an thrilling dialog to the CultureCon stage. HBO Max’s unwavering assist of CultureCon shines a highlight on creatives of shade, supporting 1000’s of Black and Brown creatives in attendance by offering entry to partaking conversations, networking, and artistic inspiration.
– LinkedIn will host a panel on the Tradition stage centered on unconventional profession journeys and the artwork of the skilled pivot, along with internet hosting an occasion throughout CultureCon Week and an immersive expertise in Activation Alley.
– Money App joins Sq.’s return to CultureCon to speed up Black and Brown creatives and entrepreneurs taking their work to the subsequent stage. Sq. and Money App imagine in financial empowerment, alternative and success for all. They may assist CultureCon by powering the Small Enterprise Market that includes Sq. Register and Money App Pay, and collaborating in a dialog on the Creator Stage and an activation throughout CultureCon Week.
– Meta’s We The Tradition contact down at CultureCon with a panel dialogue and interactive activation impressed by the Black creatives who’re influencing rising vogue developments and driving Black commerce in mainstream tradition. Visitors will probably be invited to study extra about the advantages of making content material on Instagram and Fb and find out how to unlock entry to instruments, sources, and training to assist them develop as a creator.
– Nike Yardrunners (3.0) debuts at CultureCon, because the model continues to honor the wealthy historical past and heritage of HBCUs and the genuine maintain they’ve on world sport and tradition. Nike Yardrunners previous and current will catalyze creativity and group on the Tradition Stage, gasoline CultureCon attendees on the Nike Drip Bar and have a good time with shocking moments alongside the way in which.
– Netflix returns to CultureCon to host their highly-anticipated kick-off occasion on Friday, Oct. 7, celebrating the discharge of their upcoming documentary characteristic The Redeem Workforce with an unique dialog with Government Producer and Olympian Dwyane Wade. Robust Black Lead can even lead a dialog on the Tradition Stage with the artistic crew behind Entergalactic together with Kenya Barris, Maurice Williams, and Karina Manashil. From the minds of Child Cudi and Kenya Barris comes a narrative of two younger artists navigating the twists and turns of discovering love in New York Metropolis.
– Audible returns to the Tradition Stage at CultureCon with a compelling panel highlighting a extremely anticipated new Audible Authentic scripted dramedy podcast, Kym, in addition to a must-visit interactive vacation spot in Activation Alley.
– Disney’s Onyx Collective makes their inaugural debut at CultureCon able to amplify creatives and their culturally-specific tales. On Saturday, Oct. 8, New York Instances best-selling creator/comic/actress Phoebe Robinson conducts an unique fireplace dialog on the Tradition Stage with award-winning actress, producer, activist, and CEO Tracee Ellis Ross on the facility of storytelling, dwelling an genuine reality and her upcoming docuseries, The Hair Tales, a celebration of Black girls’s id, magnificence and humanity. As well as, Onyx Collective can have a dynamic activation in Activation Alley and extra.
– Be a part of TikTok’s Head of N.A. Inventive Company Partnerships, Krystle Watler, in a dialog with Head of Inventive at R/GA NY, Shannon Washington; Rapper and Singer, Huge Boss Vette; and founding father of TrapStix Lip Balm, Aysia Hilliard; as they focus on the real-world affect of #BlackTikTok on tradition.
– Toyota acknowledges and celebrates rising Black creators who embody ardour, objective and innovation and people who dare to Drive Tradition Ahead.
– Prime Video makes its CultureCon debut showcasing an expansive slate of culturally related content material throughout CultureCon week together with particular screenings of the upcoming psychological horror movie Nanny and upcoming drama sequence Riches. To additional spotlight and have a good time Black tales, the week will culminate with a dialog amongst Prime Video and Amazon Freevee expertise sharing their dynamic paths on the Tradition stage, and a must-see expertise in Activation Alley the place visitors will have interaction by an immersive viewing expertise and customizable take-aways.
– Wieden+Kennedy is the primary advert company to ever sponsor CultureCon they usually’re pulling up in a giant means! The worldwide company, notable for creating “Simply Do It” for Nike, will lead a charming panel on the Creator Workshop stage that includes three of its creatives, Tray Edwards, Tania Taiwo and Sabreen Jafry the place they’ll focus on how they discovered methods to make use of their artistic passions to affect the world. Be a part of them after the panel the place they’ll be doing a meet and greet with creators from the viewers.
– Google is proud to assist the entrepreneurial group of creators and influencers of shade and their affect on tradition by participation at CultureCon. This 12 months, Google TV will host a dialog on the Tradition Stage, spotlighting the facility of experimentation and the methods it’s creating new prospects for Black storytellers. As well as, Develop with Google will host a workshop on the Creator Stage, offering creators with tangible ways to develop their manufacturers on YouTube. Tech Fairness Collective, an initiative began by Google, to extend Black+ illustration in tech, will host a workshop on the Creator Stage demystifying the tech business for creatives. The panel will characteristic Pleasure Ofodu, Brandon Tory and Florian Koenigsberger.
– Gray Goose Vodkaand Patron Tequila be a part of CultureCon for the second 12 months in a row, internet hosting a Networking Completely happy Hour for CultureCon NYC attendees. Visitors will join for post-conference conversations over refreshing, customized Gray Goose and Patron cocktails.
– Footlocker NYCwill curate a contemporary immersive expertise, giving attendees a chance to step away from the whole lot else and be immersed on the earth of Footlocker and Reebok. This house will probably be a combination between your trendy pop up expertise and a sooner or later solely Reebok bodega nook retailer. There will probably be customized branded objects on show, in addition to giveaways for attendees.
– Condé Nast makes their CultureCon premiere with a celebratory dinner in partnership with Bon Appétit, highlighting Black cooks and innovators within the meals house. Moreover, Condé Nast will take to the Tradition stage with a dialog on the way forward for storytelling.
– Clinique is proud to be the unique magnificence accomplice of CultureCon NYC. The model will probably be current on web site to supply award successful skincare and trending make-up merchandise for all go and “glow-getters” attending the final word artistic homecoming. It would additionally curate a particular magnificence station for expertise to assist maintain them glowing and digital camera prepared all through the jam-packed day of actions.
– COCA-COLA® will function the official beverage sponsor of CultureCon NYC, inviting visitors to style the sensation, with a devoted truck stuffed to the brim with COCA-COLA® merchandise.
– Scotch Porter arrives at CultureCon with their award-winning, non-toxic males’s grooming and wellness merchandise to assist males look, really feel, and scent their finest from curl to toe. Mobilizing in Activation Alley, Scotch Porter will immerse CultureCon attendees right into a 200 sq. ft. expertise that goals to have a good time males and their style-expression by hair. The activation is ready to incorporate a mirrored photograph sales space, free samples of the Scotch Porter Hair Trial Equipment, hair care routine consultations with two hair care specialists, and an opportunity to win a $500 Reward Card.
– JET, the long-lasting and trusted house for amplification, training, leisure and engagement of the Black group worldwide, is a proud accomplice of CultureCon. In step with our mission to maneuver Black ahead by being the gasoline of the artistic group, JET will debut a particular “CultureCon” restricted version commemorative journal at this 12 months’s convention. Members can also digitally create their very own personalised JET Cowl at www.jetmag.com, and share on social media what JET means to them by utilizing the hashtag #MyJetStory. That is your probability to inform the world (and mama) that you simply made it!
– Stackwell Capital is a Black-owned and led fintech firm whose mission is to supply a less complicated, extra accessible, and intentional pathway to extend funding participation within the Black group and promote Black wealth and monetary wellbeing. Stackwell will host an intimate dinner and fireplace chat catered to Black creatives and younger professionals to empower them with information and instruments to construct fairness and generational wealth.
– Skillshare is gearing up for CultureCon by providing The Inventive Collective NYC’s group 50% off their first 12 months of studying. Skillshare is a web based group with 1000’s of courses for artistic folks on matters like graphic design, images, video, freelancing, UX design and rather more!
– TONL will function the official images accomplice of CultureCon. TONL is platform devoted to offering culturally various inventory photographs that symbolize the true world we dwell in. Based by Karen Okonkwo and Joshua Kissi, their mission was to problem the stale, homogenous look of conventional inventory images by showcasing the numerous backgrounds of day by day folks. Their companies have prolonged into customized images and occasion images. To study extra about TONL go to www.TONL.co and on social @TONL at this time.
– annex88is constructed to chase what’s subsequent and elevate manufacturers within the cultural dialog. POC-led artistic company annex88 will construct an interactive second paying homage to the CultureCon origin story.
For extra info and to register for tickets, go to www.theccnyc.com/culturecon. Be a part of the dialog by way of social @TheCCnyc and @CultureCon.
CultureCon™ is a convention that celebrates tradition, group, and creatives of shade. CultureCon is the final word artistic homecoming, highlighting conversations that vary from constructing a enterprise to constructing a life. Forbes says “CultureCon is a convention each artistic ought to attend.” We couldn’t agree extra. Previous CultureCon™ audio system embody Will Smith, Spike Lee, Tracee Ellis Ross, John Legend, Regina King, Lena Waithe, Coleman Domingo, Sanaa Lathan, Keke Palmer and extra. CultureCon is the primary of its type concepts convention that caters to all elements of artistic and younger skilled life.
Concerning the Inventive Collective NYC:
The Inventive Collective NYC (TheCCnyc) is a group devoted to curating courageous areas for creatives of shade. Constructed from Imani Ellis’ one-bedroom condo, the collective has now parlayed into the fastest-growing collective for creatives of shade. TheCCnyc’s marquee occasion is CultureCon, a convention celebrating the affect various voices have on tradition.
Along with group occasions, The Inventive Collective NYC supplies numerous sources and workshops. Within the top of the pandemic, The Inventive Collective NYC launched CultureCon At Residence, a digital campus that reached creatives in over 131 international locations around the globe, and Inventive Curriculum, a sequence of digital masterclasses pertaining to the whole lot from entrepreneurship to navigating the company world.
About HBO Max™
HBO Max™ is a streaming platform that provides finest at school high quality leisure, delivering the best array of sequence, motion pictures and specials for audiences of all ages from the long-lasting manufacturers of HBO, Warner Bros., and DC, in addition to Max Originals, blockbuster movies, and beloved youngsters and household content material. The platform launched in america in Might 2020 and launched a decrease priced, advertising-supported tier in June 2021. At present obtainable in 61 international locations, HBO Max started its world rollout launching in markets throughout Latin America and the Caribbean final summer time, adopted by European launches within the Nordics, Iberia, the Netherlands and Central and Japanese Europe.